1. How do I apply to be considered for the 2018 Charleston Wedding Week (CWW) Model Search?
There are three easy steps to apply:
- Submit your model application processing fee
- Fill out the online application
- Upload your headshot and full-body photos
*NOTE: Partial information does not save to the Charleston Wedding Week™ system. Only after a model has clicked the SUBMIT button at the end of the application will complete submissions be made. Models are encouraged to save and back up information.
2. What is the deadline for submitting my application?
All models are required to submit an online application no later than Monday, October 9th, 2017, 5:00 p.m. EST in order to secure an audition time at the casting call. Casting calls will take place at the Courtyard Charleston Historic District located at 125 Calhoun Street, downtown Charleston. Exact call time to be determined by CWW.
3. What if I miss the deadline to apply online? Am I still eligible to attend a casting call?
Models that miss the online application deadline are welcome to attend the CWW open casting call. Models MUST come prepared to complete the official CWW Model Search application, including model measurements. See application for a list of measurements that are required. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and models will not be seen by CWW.
4. If I am selected for a casting call, when/how will I be notified?
All applicants will be notified via e-mail* by 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 11th if selected to attend. The e-mail confirmation will include the date/time** and location.
*All CWW correspondence is done via e-mail. Be sure the email address on your application is correct otherwise you will NOT receive information from CWW.
**Date and time for auditions are at the sole discretion of CWW and based on your casting selection on the application.
5. What qualifications must a model possess in order to be considered for the Charleston Wedding Week™ Model Book?
A good attitude and a professional walk are imperative to a models’ success. In addition:
- Female models must be 16* years of age or older and meet the minimum height requirement of 5’6” without heels. There are no exceptions.
*Models under the age of 18 must have a parent’s or guardian’s permission to cast prior to the audition. See details below.
NOTE: Height will be checked prior to each casting call. Models under the required height will NOT be permitted to audition at the casting call and will be asked to leave.
6. How do I prepare for the casting call?
All models are required to bring a copy of the e-mail outlining the casting call invitation including the date and registration time. In addition:
All models selected at the casting call will have a professional headshot and full-body shots photographed for the CWW 2018 Model Book. Be prepared for this PRIOR to registration.
Practice your walk and interview skills!
7. What do I wear to the casting call?
All models are required to be well groomed. In addition:
- Female models MUST wear a fitted solid black tank top, black legging or black shorts, and bring heels a minimum of 3” in height. There are no exceptions*
*No graphics or logos permitted on tank tops. Models will NOT be seen if they do not adhere to the outlined casting attire. No exceptions.
NOTE: Women will NOT be seen without heels and layers of clothing will NOT be allowed in the audition room. Also, all models selected at the casting call will have a head shot and full body shot photographed for the 2018 CWW Model Book at this time. BE PREPARED for this prior to registration.
8. If selected for the 2018 Charleston Wedding Week™ Model Book, when/how will I be chosen to participate?
Models selected for the official CWW Model Book are NOT guaranteed participation at the event. The 2018 CWW Model Book will be presented to all participating designers and boutiques for selection. Models will be notified of selections via e-mail no later than the second week of December 2017. Final selections will be sent by January 8, 2018 following in-store fittings.
The 2018 CWW Model Book will be presented based on special events scheduled before and during the week of CWW, including both boutique and sponsor specific events. Models will be notified of selections via e-mail one week prior to the event date.
9. If selected for the 2018 Charleston Wedding Week™ Model Book, what is the time commitment?
Runway models are required to attend all rehearsals, designer and boutique castings and fittings, as well as week of the event if selected to walk in a runway show or participate in a special event. See details below.
Charleston Wedding Week™ takes place Wednesday January 24, 2018 – Saturday, January 27, 2018. Models are required to be at the event space as early as 10:00 a.m. for evening runway presentations and special events and 7:00 a.m. for daytime fashion events.
10. Who selects models for the CWW runway shows and special events, and what is the process?
The 2018 CWW Model Book will be presented to all participating designers and boutiques for selection. Here are more details for each:
- If selected by a participating designer or boutique, Runway models are required to attend an in-store fitting(s) to take place the week(s) of January 9th- Saturday, January 20, 2018. Runway models cast for more than one show are required to attend each fitting. Final fittings will take place as needed and are at the sole discretion of the boutique.
- Runway models selected by the CWW Featured Designer are required to attend casting(s)/fitting(s) beginning Thursday, January 25th, 2018 as early as 9:00 a.m. Exact date and time are at CWW and designer’s sole discretion. Location will be determined at a later date.
- Special Event models will be required to attend casting(s)/fitting(s) as requested by the boutique or designer. Exact date and time are at CWW and participant’s sole discretion. Location will be determined at a later date.
TIP: Mark your calendar in advance with the rehearsal and fitting dates above to ensure you are available.
11. Are models selected to participate at Charleston Wedding Week™ paid or compensated?
For Charleston Wedding Week™ 2018, models will be paid a small stipend for each show they are selected to walk in, including special events. More information will be provided to the model once she has been selected.
12. Is there a financial obligation to participate as a model? If so, what will my monetary commitment be?
Charleston Wedding Week™ requires a processing fee of $10 to apply. Models are also responsible for any and all costs associated with castings, rehearsals, fittings, and the week of the event including all transportation to/from Charleston, meals, lodging, and parking fees.
13. If selected to model in a runway show(s), or model for a special event, will travel to/from Charleston and accommodations in Charleston be provided?
If you are based outside the Charleston, South Carolina area, you are responsible for your travel to/from Charleston and lodging the week of CWW. Visit the CWW website for hotel partners that may offer a preferred rate*. It is the model’s responsibility to book a hotel room or make alternative arrangements.
*Preferred rates are at the sole discretion of the hotel, NOT Charleston Wedding Week™.
14. As a model for Charleston Wedding Week™ will I receive a ticket to the event?
No. Tickets must be purchased at www.charlestonweddingweek.com in December 2017
15. Are there any additional incentives for being a model at CWW?
All models selected to participate in a 2018 Charleston Wedding Week™ runway show or special event will receive the following:
- Visibility to local and national fashion industry leaders
- Recognition on the CWW 2018 website
- Gift bag valued at over $200
16. If I am experiencing technical difficulties uploading images or submitting my application, who do I contact?
17. If I still have questions after reviewing the above about the competition, who do I contact?
Contact the Model Coordinator, Kaelyn Jiran via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.